Sunday 6 May 2012

3. Polka Dots

Before I started this challenge I ordered some dotting tools and stripers from Born Pretty Store and I really wanted to use them for some of the designs, especially this one, so I was waiting for them to get here before attempting them.  That's why my posts have been really lacking recently.  Sadly the tools still aren't here and I couldn't be bothered waiting any longer so here is the polka dot design without the dotting tools :(

3 Polka Dots (get creative, do multi colours, do it over the nude from before or change your base colour, go monochromatic) So many options!

I decided to do the polka dot mani with a cocktail stick, so brace yourself for some God-awful dots!!




I applied Barbara Daly base coat, two coats of Blue Mirror by W7.  This is a gorgeous light blue foil polish and I love it on its own.



Here are the polka dots!! I was really impatient with the cocktail stick and ended up tapping it, pressing the side of it to my nail etc, just to get some polish off, so my dots are terrible!! I used a nameless black from Primark for the dots and then 2true top coat.


I loved Blue Mirror by itself and I think that the 'dots' totally ruined it, but hey! I had to do the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment