Sunday 20 May 2012

11. Untried

11 Pick a colour you’ve never worn (I’m hoping I’m not the only one with untrieds) lol

You may remember a post quite a while ago about a flakie I bought and how excited I was about finding one in my country.  If not you can see that post here.

When I saw that this number was untrieds I new exactly which bottle to reach for.


I applied Rimmel base coat, one coat of Sally Hansen's Beaming, one coat of Nail Pop's Sequin Effect and 2true top coat.

I was very impressed by the coverage from Beaming. It looks like a really thin polish on the brush but on the nail it's practically opaque in one coat, and since I was putting a flakie on top I didn't bother with two coats because I didn't feel like it was needed.

Here is Beaming on it's own.


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sequin Effect.  The flakies are so perfectly golden with the red base but in the bottle the can look blue-ish so I have a feeling it depends on what the base is what colours come through in the flakes.


Again this was only one coat, it had such great flakie coverage.  Over all I am thrilled with both of these polishes.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment